Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2018 19:39:56 GMT by Michael Weingand Professional Services Manager

HI Folks,

I am converting a large amount of files for a Law office.  They have email msg files stored in a windows folder called Emails. When I double click and open the MSG it shows attachments that I can then open as well.  When I import them into DocuWare with a standard Import config, the MSG imports but the attachments to not.  Does anyone have a way to do this.  There are litterally hundreds of thousands of these emails with attachments.  This is for a big law firm.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Posted Thu, 04 Oct 2018 12:56:00 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management

Hi Michael,

actually the attachments are inside the msg files but the DocuWare Viewer is only able to display the text part of the email. If you want to open the attachments you can download the msg file and open it locally to access the attachments.

In order to address this you would need a real mail server and either Connect to Outlook or Connect to Mail. Then you would put the emails into the email application of your choice (e.g. Outlook for Connect to Outlook or Thunderbird when using Connect to Mail). Both of the moduls are able to not only store themail but also to store the attachments of the email as separate files to DocuWare. 

I hope this helps.

Tobi

You must be signed in to post in this forum.