Posted Tue, 05 Jan 2021 19:05:41 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there
Hey all,

I added a field (index) to a file cabinet yesterday and added it to all dialogs. Shows up fine for me.

I found out today a different user cannot see the new field. It just isn't there in the store, search, result, or index dialogs.

I have "owner" permissions on the file cabinet but have never seen a certain field be unavailable for some users and not others. WE have not done field-level lockdowns or anything like that, so I do not understand what is going on.

I cleared cache on the other user's workstation and all that -- no difference. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman
Posted Tue, 05 Jan 2021 19:16:02 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there
Hey all,

Figured it out -- the file cabinet in question DID have Profiles in play, and apparently when you add a new field you have to explicitly grant the rights to that field per non-default Profile. I made sure the new field got added to our custom Profiles, and it shows up now. The new field automatically gets added to the default Profiles by the looks of it.

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman
Posted Thu, 07 Jan 2021 16:33:30 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Joe,

you are right, new fields are automatically added to all default dialogs and profiles. Any custom dialogs and profiles have to be extended manually.
Regards
Tobias
Posted Thu, 07 Jan 2021 16:36:37 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Tobias,

Thanks for confirming! Much appreciated!

Joe Kaufman

You must be signed in to post in this forum.