Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2018 19:43:05 GMT by Vinny Johnson All Document Solutions Consultant

I am wanting to move a few file cabinets from one data connection to another in 6.12.  I've created the new data connection, copied the appropriate tables, but I don't see where can I change the data connection?   

Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2018 11:22:53 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Vinny,
It is not so straighforward to change the database with 6.12 and up now. The data connection setting is in Configurations > File Cabinet > More options, but it cannot be changed after the file cabinet is created.

You will need to edit the File Cabinet Settings directly to change the connection name and GUID. Make sure to backup DWSYSTEM before doing that. After the change all services must be restarted along with an IISReset.
Also, did you copy over the DWSYS table? That must exist in the new database too.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2018 12:40:26 GMT by Vinny Johnson All Document Solutions Consultant

Thx Phil...I'll give it a shot

Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2018 12:49:44 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Aim carefully. :)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.