Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2024 13:16:41 GMT by Thomas Stephens
We have a customer making annotations on PDF files with another product, and then importing the PDF files into docuware. We have tried using the DW Printer, the DW PS Printer, and a few other options, like flattening the PDF in the other software. And still the PDF annotations are not appearing inside Docuware. 

We know they still exist in the Document. If the file is downloaded, or Edited, and opened somewhere else, Adobe, or the Edit Software then the annotations come back, and can be viewed. When the file is loaded back into Docuware, then the annotations disappear.

Has anyone seen this behavior, or have any suggestions? Please and Thank-you.
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2024 06:59:54 GMT by Frank Meyer Docuplan GmbH & Co. KG | IT-Leiter
Good morning Thomas,

maybe you can try following workaround - Open the original PDF document with annotations on it e.g. with Adobe Reader and "print" it as an image (print as an image is an option the Adobe Reader print dialogue options) with a normal PDF Printer (e.g. Microsoft Print to PDF).
Import the "printed" PDF into a DocuWare Tray and check the result.

I guess, you should see the annotations on it now.

Please note If I'm not mistaking: If it should work in this way and if the OCR engine was able to read it, I expect, that the annotations will also be written in the full text index of the respective DocuWare file cabinet by storing the document.

Best regards, Frank

You must be signed in to post in this forum.