Posted Tue, 05 Oct 2021 16:35:51 GMT by Dean Birks ABC Digital Solutions LTD Professional services

I want to be able to flatten a merge PDF after its been been created in a form and all data assinged to the PDF. I dont want anyone having the ability to change the PDF when its completed its joureny throught the work flows.

is this possible?

Posted Tue, 12 Oct 2021 16:35:51 GMT by Matthias Wieland DocuWare Europe GmbH Sr. Director Support EMEA
Dear Dean Birks! It looks like the Community cannot answer your question. That's why we have opened a Support Request with the Number SR-161638-L0J9N for you. A Software Support Specialist will contact you directly to follow up. We will update this thread with the solution as soon as we have resolved the Support Request. With best regards, DocuWare Support Team
Posted Wed, 13 Oct 2021 16:25:48 GMT by Ross Lister Professional Services Engineer
Hi Dean,

You can lock the access to the document down but you cannot change the actual PDF to have it flattened. 

Configurations, File Cabinet, edit the file cabinet, Permissions, turn advanced button on.

Setup an index value profile with only the rights you want people to have. Then update your WF's to change the field(s) used in the security profile to the values used there.

Hope this helps!
Ross Lister
DW PS Team

Posted Sat, 05 Nov 2022 15:10:48 GMT by Guillaume BAS APAJH Marne - GPEAJH Directeur Général
Hi all,
I have the same need : not to lock access by anyone inside DW (index value profiles works well for that), but to "secure" or "fix" a bit the pdf file in order to send it outside DW (typically via email).
I've read several times that it's a product limitation of DW, not to be able to flatten a fillable pdf stored in DW (via a Form for example), and then updated/modified/validated via a WF.
If no mistake, the fillable pdf format is a condition for documents areas surfaces' updates in a WF, isn'it ?
It sounds like a real nonsense to my ears... ;o) Is this limitation confirmed by others users here ? Or perhaps is there any way that I don't know yet to solve this ?
Thanks in advance for the community's answers about this need.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.