Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2019 23:43:58 GMT by Michael Weingand Professional Services Manager
I have an External Select list, Multi Column from a txt file.  Works great but it is locked out of the end users being able to update the txt file when they want to add new Categories.  Anyone know of a way to allow the end user to update txt.  Is there a control to set the Select list to not lock the files for editing? 
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2019 13:54:25 GMT by Michael Ceresia Sales and Support Consultant
Michael,

My understanding is that an external file is typically used when a 3rd part software (ERP ect) updates this file automatically or manually triggered. A fixed select list can be modified by users on the fly if given permissions (single column)

You could share the CSV file location for certain users to manually change the file.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2019 14:39:19 GMT by Josef Zayats
Michael,
I use a sql script that periodically checks if the file has been modified since last time and if so loads it into a sql table that I use for the select list.
Alternatively, a Windows script can do the same thing: check if users changed the file and copy it to another location which Docuware uses for select list file location. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.