Posted Thu, 01 Jun 2023 13:25:37 GMT by Antoni Danov
Hello to everyone,<br> <br> After a few hours of searching and testing, finally, I would like to ask you&#160; for a little bit help.<br> I am trying to create a dialog(folder) inside my file cabinet programmatically for every new user that upload documents and it not exists already in the file cabinet. Unfortunately, I find only how to create a Dialog object but I cannot asigned it to specific cabinet.<br> <br> Thank you if advanced for any ideas and suggestions.<br> <br> Kind regards,<br> Antoni
Posted Fri, 02 Jun 2023 14:11:06 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Antoni Danov,<br> <br> unfortunatly there is no API for creating dialogs or change settings in file cabinets.<br> <br> But maybe you do not need a dialog for each user and it is sufficient to create one dialog, but have field dependent rights in the file cabinet, so each user does only see his own documents.&#160;<br> <br> This depends on your specific use case, so maybe you could tell us a bit more about it.<br> <br> Regards<br> Tobias Getz<br> Team Leader Product Management<br> DocuWare GmbH
Posted Mon, 05 Jun 2023 14:16:41 GMT by Antoni Danov
Hello Tobias and thank you for your answer. I understand. My idea was that when I add a new document in DocuWare for specific person to create a folder in the file cabinet with the name of the person to stock all of his documents there.&#160;&#160;<br> <br> I will try another solution. Thank you and wish you a pleasent week.<br> <br> Kind regards,<br> Antoni Danov
Posted Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:04:01 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Antoni Danov,<br> if you are using folder views, you do not need to create one specific for every user, just use the field with the user name as on level and then you have a folder for this user.<br> <br> But this might be too much simplified as I do not know your exact use case.<br> <br> Regards<br> Tobias Getz<br> Team Leader Product Management<br> DocuWare GmbH

You must be signed in to post in this forum.