Posted Thu, 06 Sep 2018 13:36:50 GMT by Craig Heintz SE

Current DW 6.9 is resisting the upgrade process to 6.12.

Can a new DW Server with 6.12 be set up to match the 6.9 environment with fields and then export all of the docs from the 6.9 to the 6.12 server.  Is this possible?

Posted Thu, 06 Sep 2018 13:41:48 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Craig,

No. It will fail. They need to be on the same release to export. What does resisting the upgrade really mean?

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Thu, 06 Sep 2018 14:57:11 GMT by Craig Heintz SE

We have attempted to perform the upgrade 3 times and it has failed each time.  2 of the times with DW Support.  Seems their is either corruption in the DB or something is too slow.  Just checking my options.

What about setting up a new server with the same fields as the old, moving the document store and Restoring the documents using the associated xml info?

Posted Thu, 06 Sep 2018 15:08:03 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

That will work unless the following condition does not exist:
There are no DocuWare 5 legacy internal index field numbers in the file cabinets. If there is, theses index fields will not be carried over to the new file cabinet when creating based on the exported cabinet XML.
Meaning the cabinet would have to have been created in 6.8 or later.

Please email me with the Support Request number. I am not aware of an upgrade that has been abandoned. There is always a solution.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

phil.robson@docuware.com

You must be signed in to post in this forum.