Posted Wed, 01 Mar 2023 09:40:10 GMT by Jhony Monteiro Consultant
Hello,<br> <br> Does anyone know if there is a way to start a new form (Fillable) from workflow, and fill it with index entries already stored in variables.
Posted Wed, 01 Mar 2023 14:44:47 GMT by Connie McMahan Software & Database Manager
Not that I know of, but I could really use this as a feature.
Posted Wed, 01 Mar 2023 14:50:40 GMT by Jhony Monteiro Consultant
this functionality would come in handy
Posted Thu, 09 Mar 2023 11:41:12 GMT by Gerardo Lisanti Team Leader Product Management
Hi Jhony and Connie,<br> <br> Currently it is not possible to submit a form from within a workflow.<br> Can you maybe provide more details about the use case or scenario where this would be used?<br> <br> Viele Grüße / With best regards,<br> <br> &#160;--<br> &#160;<br> Gerardo Lisanti<br> Product Manager &#160;| &#160;DocuWare GmbH
Posted Thu, 09 Mar 2023 14:38:01 GMT by Jhony Monteiro Consultant
<p>Hi Gerardo,</p> <p>In many cases it would be applicable, but some basic examples that I am currently developing.</p> <p>*Generate a report of pending tasks by users with a form and automatic filling with Workflow, with scheduled recurrence for its weekly execution.</p> <p>*Generate a workshop report by mechanic with a form and automatic filling with existing car data in Docuware, with scheduled execution according to some index entry.</p> <p>This can be applicable to many cases in the day to day that would allow you to transfer information stored in docuware that does not require user action and gives much more automation to the processes.</p>
Posted Thu, 09 Mar 2023 14:57:15 GMT by Connie McMahan Software & Database Manager
<p>In my case, I have a form that needs input from three different people.&#160; The first is HR who indicates that a person has been hired.&#160; Then it needs to go to the Dept. Manager to provide all of their many needs for the new hire.&#160; Finally, it gets signed off by a third person.&#160; I can do a single form to start a&#160;workflow, but the 2nd person is providing the most information and it's really ugly and cumbersome for them to do that in the workflow itself.&#160; It fits the situation much better at this step for them to see drop down choices and multiple choice options&#160;rather than&#160;the way they would respond in a workflow.&#160; If HR can start a form with a couple little pieces of info, and those items are stored in index fields, then a workflow can start a new fillable form, fill in those initial pieces from HR, and send to the Dept. Manager for all of their input in a much better visual.&#160; A&#160;workflow could then grab the new form once completed&#160;and send it&#160;to&#160;the 3rd person to sign off in the form.</p>
Posted Thu, 09 Mar 2023 15:08:48 GMT by Gerardo Lisanti Team Leader Product Management
<p>Thank you both for these interesting insights.<br> I will certainly bring them to the product dpt. so that we can anlayze and discuss improvements for the future.<br> <br> Viele Grüße / With best regards,<br> &#160;--<br> Gerardo Lisanti<br> Product Manager &#160;| &#160;DocuWare GmbH</p>

You must be signed in to post in this forum.