Posted Thu, 01 Jul 2021 12:15:41 GMT by Dirk Depoix Director Projects&Operations
Hello,

I want to implement a specific release workflow. First step is, that sombody assings the release tasks to mulitple users. That can 1, 2 or 3, depending on the docuement. 
All assigned users get a task. But currently the task is already finished, when only ONE of the users is answering (approved, rejected). 
Is there a way, to collect all answers before the final task decsion is taken? 

I tried to overcome this artihmetic function, but I failes to determine the number of assigned users.

Any hints? 

Thanks.
Posted Thu, 01 Jul 2021 12:24:57 GMT by Martin Zebedies Uriot GmbH & Co. KG Head of Solution Consulting
Hi Dirk,

try the parallel task.
This one is waiting for an answer of every assigned user.

Posted Thu, 01 Jul 2021 13:27:20 GMT by David Rutt
Dirk, 

How are you assigning the task to the users?  There are a few ways to do this.

Posted Thu, 01 Jul 2021 15:05:51 GMT by Dirk Depoix Director Projects&Operations
@Martin Zebedies: I thought I have to steer this with the cancel condition. Anyway I will give parallel tasks a try, thank you for the tip.

@David Rutt: in the first task (the "assignment task") a user selection list is presented. The selected users get the seceond task assigned. 

Thanks.
Posted Thu, 01 Jul 2021 16:11:51 GMT by David Rutt
If you are selecting users in that manner, they will all get the same task.  If any one of them take action on it the task is completed.

Do the people that are being sent the task change at all?

Posted Tue, 06 Jul 2021 14:28:39 GMT by Dirk Depoix Director Projects&Operations
Sorry the late response. I implemented parallel task, but I need to test it with multiple users. 

@David Rutt: the people getting the task assigned are changing, But once they are assigned to that specific task, they won't change anymore. 
Posted Wed, 07 Jul 2021 13:39:55 GMT by Dirk Depoix Director Projects&Operations
Finally I made the testing. I had to implement certain changes to my workflow (eg. data assignments, status checks, had to be moved outside the task) but finally it works. 

Thank you all for tipps and hints.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.