Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:59:41 GMT by Nathan French ComDoc Systems Analyst

I've created a 32-bit ODBC connection to a SQL Server 2000 database.  I have done this because DocuWare's SQL driver can't apparently connect to the ancient SQL Server 2000 directly.  I can connect to this ODBC source and authenticate using the ODBC driver in DocuWare Administration. 

In Select Lists, the source is available to choose but I cannot see any tables or views when I select it.  It's an empty dropdown.
In Workflow Designer, the source is again available, but choosing it gives the error "The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"  

I tried also presenting it as a 64-bit ODBC connection, but DocuWare cannot see that one at all.  It must be 32-bit ODBC.  So what is this about the architecture mismatch?

Can someone please advise what I'm missing?

Thanks much,
--Nate

EDIT:  I am using:
DocuWare 7.1 On-Premise
Windows Server 2016 1607 (DocuWare Server)
ODBC Data Source Administrator 32-bit
SQL Native Client 10.0 ODBC driver
ODBC Connection to SQL Server 2000
(DocuWare databases themselves are hosted on SQL Server 2014)

Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2019 14:44:46 GMT by Matthew Trembly Software Support Manager
Nathan, there's a lot of stuff here, but check out two entries from Phil:

ODBC Connection Not Working After Upgrade

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

1. Create a 32 bit ODBC DSN connection to the database (ODBCAD32.exe).
2. Open DocuWare Administration and register the connection (under database connections).
3. Create a 64 bit ODBC connection with EXACTLY the SAME name as the 32 bit ODBC connection (ODBC Data Sources 64 bit).

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

All you need to do is to create a 64 bit ODBC connection with exactly the same name as the original 32 bit ODBC connection. DocuWare Platform will then select the 64 bit ODBC driver.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.