Publicado Mon, 06 May 2019 12:25:22 GMT por Scott Steele Ricoh USA

Am in the process of migrating a current Fortis customer to DocuWare (v6.12) and am experiencing EXTREMELY large SQL database sizes in comparison to what the Fortis database size was.

Example, Fortis database size is 3.2 GB, current DocuWare database (dwdata) size is 17.5 GB (and am not done migrating).
Note: dwsystem is also 8.6 GB
Log files: dwdata size is 21.2 GB and dwsystem is 19.3 GB

Deeper look shows the extreme size is due to the _PAGE table for each file cabinet. Something to do with the textshot column, binary data?

I have been told that the _PAGE table will always create textshots for every document regardless of fulltext being enabled within the file cabinet. What is the textshot used for then if "fulltext search" is diabled within the file cabinet options?

Publicado Mon, 06 May 2019 13:57:53 GMT por Scott Steele Ricoh USA
Within the file cabinet configuration, even if "Fulltext search" is disabled,
  • would changing the "Indexed pages per file" from 100 to 1 be of any value to reduce the number of records in  _PAGE table?
  • could I "Blacklist" Graphic files to reduce the number of records in _PAGE table? (reasoning, migrating TIFFs from Fortis)
Publicado Mon, 06 May 2019 21:05:59 GMT por Chad Folts Professional Services Engineer
Hi Scott - The textshot will be created for the first page in each document even if Full Text is disabled for the File Cabinet.  The textshot is not just used for Full Text, it is also used for Document Processing as well as One Click Indexing.
Publicado Tue, 07 May 2019 01:19:31 GMT por Scott Steele Ricoh USA
OK. So if the documents that are being migrated have no reason for "one-click" indexing, can the "textshot" field be set to a value that does not consume so much space? OR Can the records be removed without loosing other functionality of the document?
Publicado Wed, 08 May 2019 20:27:22 GMT por Chad Folts Professional Services Engineer

Scott, I do not recommend editing the _PAGE table.  Do you have some sample .MAG files from the customer's Fortis install that you can share with us so we can investigate?  Feel free to email them to me directly.

Publicado Wed, 08 May 2019 20:37:29 GMT por Scott Steele Ricoh USA
This is a medical equipment customer. I cannot send you MAG files. I have TeamViewer access to customer server if you would like to look at files.

Not sure what the MAG files have to do with the _PAGE table.

Please advise. Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.