Posted Mon, 27 Sep 2021 13:04:51 GMT by Pedro E. Gonzalez-Santini

A restore workflow from version 6 to version 7 successfully imports most records but skips others with this error message pointing to three invalid column names:

Exception information for document with Id: 825, DocuWare.DAL.XChange.DWDBException: Invalid column name 'DWUSRVERSION'.
Invalid column name 'DWVERSTATUS'.
Invalid column name 'DWVERCOMMENT'.
   at DocuWare.DAL.DataAccess.BaseSQLBuilder.ExecuteScalar(IDataCommand command, Int32 contextId)
   at DocuWare.DAL.DataAccess.SQLBuilder.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql, SQLCommandContent content)
   at DocuWare.DAL.DataAccess.BaseSQLBuilder.Ex.........etc

I checked the xml header files and found two differences, marked *** below. The Flags value is "2" in successful records. The CheckOutDoc section does not appear in the successful records. I also wonder if the checkin fcguid needs to be updated to match the new destination fc. I have not yet run a restore after eliminating the CheckOutDoc section.

***        <Flags>8194</Flags>
        <StoreUser>USERNAME</StoreUser>
        <Offset>0</Offset>
        <ModificationUser>USERNAME</ModificationUser>
        <StoreDateTime>2013-06-20T13:43:15</StoreDateTime>
        <ModificationDateTime>2014-01-09T15:44:28</ModificationDateTime>
 ***       <CheckOutDoc user="USERNAME" computer="dom.local\USERPC" datetime="2014-01-09T15:44:28">
 ***         <checkin fcGuid="11984f36-2c0d-4904-9d50-8eb11d24641d" docID="825" />
  ***      </CheckOutDoc>

Any clarification will be welcome. Best regards.

Posted Mon, 27 Sep 2021 15:44:34 GMT by Pedro E. Gonzalez-Santini
Update- I tested with two skipped records, one at a time after commenting out the  <CheckOutDoc section and changing the Flags value to "2". Both  records imported successfully. This seems to confirm that these differences in the XML are the cause of the skipped records. Now how can this be fixed? Editing the XML in thousands of records could be done but perhaps a better solution is available. 
Posted Fri, 15 Oct 2021 12:42:10 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Pedro E. Gonzalez-Santini,

I would be very careful about the changes you do in the header files. This can result in documents not transferred to the new system. A restore is only supported in the same (main) version. With version 7.0 there were a lot of changes in the file cabinet structure so the restore will not have all information available.
I think you should create a system with e.g. Version 6.12 and restore the document there. Then you can update that system to a main version of 7 and maybe sync or export the documents to your target system.

Regards
Tobias Getz
Posted Fri, 15 Oct 2021 22:48:55 GMT by Marcin Kratiuk
Tobias has absolutely right.

Based on the information you have provided it could be that some documents in the source version 6 system has been checkout. You can select all such documents and ask users to check-in them back to system before any future processing. 
Posted Sat, 16 Oct 2021 18:41:50 GMT by Pedro E. Gonzalez-Santini
Thank you for the comments. Best regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.