Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:08:25 GMT by David Williams

I have an interesting problem with checkboxes in the browser on our Microsoft Surface Laptops. As fas as I know this only happens on our Surfaces.

See screen snapshot......

In the trays and search results you have to check each box to select multiple documents rather than multi-select with the Control button and dragging the mouse across what you want to select. The first thing I thought was this is the Windows 10 feature that needs to be turned off in the folders options. I checked those setting and made sure the checkbox selection was disabled. Opened window explorer and sure enough it is disabled. But....i still have to select using checkboxes in Docuware.

I find this very irritating considering the majority of what I do needs qucik selection of many documents. Clicking on every single doc gets old real fast.

Anyone else have this issue and have a solution?

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/Checkboxes.JPG

Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:15:13 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

David,
DocuWare is tablet aware and is in Touch mode. You can simply turn off Touch mode by going to the settings (the grey cog to the right of the user name) and checking / unchecking Touch/Mouse mode.
That will present the web client as a desktop in the manner you are seeking.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:19:24 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

David,

Does SHIFT-click work to highlight adjacent documents?

What it you do a view mode other than list view? Does that change the behavior of Ctrl-click or Shift-click?

I would think a Surface Laptop would be like any other laptop since it has a keyboard, correct?

I assume you can highlight multiple files in Windows Explorer, or multiple icons on the desktop, etc? I n other words, all other Windows-based multi-selections work? It just doesn't work in DocuWare?

Oh, one other idea -- what browser are you using on the Surface Laptop, and have you tried others? It may be browser specific with regard to how the HTML5 funcitonality is working with tapping the screen. Are you using taps to emulate clicks, or using an actual mouse with the keyboard?

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:28:32 GMT by David Williams

Thank you Phil! I've never noticed that button in the settings. Works great now!

I don't use my surface a whole lot as it's my backup laptop, but I've been trying to figure this out for a while now.

For those who have never norticed it see the screen shot below.

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/Capture_2.JPG

You must be signed in to post in this forum.