Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2018 11:54:44 GMT by Ron VandenLangenBerg Applications Developer

I have a user that cannot send an email straight from Docuware.  When he right clicks on the document he wants to send and selects the send choice he gets an error message (attached). 

When I do this, I don't get an error and it works fine bringing up a blank email template with the document attached.

Has anyone else run into this?  What did you do to fix this situation?

Thanks, RonV

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/DocuWare%20email%20error%20message.JPG

Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2018 12:09:53 GMT by Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

What version of docuware are you on? What email client does this user have on their PC? If it is outlook, is it 32 or 64bit?

Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2018 12:14:04 GMT by Ron VandenLangenBerg Applications Developer

We are on Docuware Version 6.11, he is using Outlook 2013 - 32 bit.

Thanks, RonV

Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2018 12:17:19 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Ron,

Check the users default mail client. It may be something other than Outlook.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2018 17:38:44 GMT by Ron VandenLangenBerg Applications Developer

Hey Phil,

My user was out of the office for most of the day so couldn't get to his machine to confirm.  He is back now and we have confirmed that Outlook is his default mail client.

Thanks, RonV

Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2018 18:11:35 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

It would appear that the user has a problem with their MAPI core files.

Here is a repair procedure:

Stop Outlook first!

1. Start Windows Explorer.2. Locate and then open the following folder on your computer:
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Msmapi\1033
3. Right-click the MSMapi32.dll file, and then click Rename.
    Note: The file (Msmapi32.dll) that you are renaming may differ from the file (Mapi32.dll) that is mentioned in the error message, if any.
4. Type Msmapi32.old, and then press ENTER to rename the file.
5. Start Outlook 2013.
    Note: When you start Outlook 2013, the program will repair itself.   

l Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:55:03 GMT by Ron VandenLangenBerg Applications Developer

Hey Phil,

Was finally able to put your fix into practice.  Now when we right click the document in docuware and select the send choice a blank email is created with the document attached.  Exactly like it is supposed to work.

Thanks for all the help.

RonV

Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2018 19:20:47 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Perfect!!

Phil

You must be signed in to post in this forum.