Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2019 15:47:41 GMT by Nathan Werth

I'm looking to default some DW Desktop Printers to Color when printing into DW.

There are no options when going to the printing defaults for the desktop printer.

Where would you need to go to do this?

Thanks,

Nathan

Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2019 15:54:26 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

There is no color or black & white setting for DocuWare printer. It should print the document in the same color depth as the orginal.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:11:00 GMT by Nathan Werth

Hello Phil,

Yes after more testing, we found that documents were printed in color from everything except from Chrome.

I don't know if Chrome changed something, I haven't heard of this issue from any one else.

I tried it on my PC and I have the same issue when printing from Chrome.  All Documents send to the DW printer are printing in B/W.

Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:26:55 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Indeed, it appears that Chrome reads the printer properties, and not find a color setting defaults to black & white. I could find a work-around in Chrome so this will need to be reported to R&D for comment. The only work-around at the moment would be to print to a PDF printer and then drag the document in to the web tray.

Phil Robson

Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:47:37 GMT by Nathan Werth

Thanks Phil, I will update the client that has the issue.

Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:50:23 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

There is an issue with printing from Chrome. What you can do is to use Printer PS this will print in color from Chrome.
You can download Printer PS here:

http://go.docuware.com/HFPacks

Scroll down to additional downloads it should be the second option to download Printer PS.

Phil Robson

Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:50:27 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

There is an issue with printing from Chrome. What you can do is to use Printer PS this will print in color from Chrome.
You can download Printer PS here:

http://go.docuware.com/HFPacks

Scroll down to additional downloads it should be the second option to download Printer PS.

Phil Robson

Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:02:18 GMT by Nathan Werth

I gave them this a an option when we first figure out the issue and downloaded it for them.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.