Publié Sun, 13 Jan 2019 19:37:53 GMT par Cristian Gonzalez Ingeniero de Sistemas

I am trying to update docuware from version 6.12 to version 7, the update I am doing in a test machine that is a copy of the production machine, in the step of authenticating with the existing database the system throws the following error: Getting DB Connnections failed. I already checked the dwmachine file and everything is fine. Thanks for the help

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/error.jpg

Publié Mon, 14 Jan 2019 12:15:43 GMT par Craig Heintz SE

v7.0 requires the DB connection to the server and instance where 6.12 was forgiving.  Even if you are using the default instance.  This is true throughout any config screen that requires DB connection info.  So, below are two examples of how it may need to be input.  Note the slash is required in the second example.  You can prove that you have the right string of characters by connecting wit SQL Mgmt Tool with the string first.

dbservername\instance

or

dbservername\

Publié Mon, 14 Jan 2019 14:29:11 GMT par Cristian Gonzalez Ingeniero de Sistemas

The error appears on the test server, which is a copy of the production server, and I'm actually entering the instance and the name of the server. what we are doing is first update from v6 to 7 first on the test server before going to production

Publié Mon, 14 Jan 2019 14:39:14 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Cristian,
The Port seems odd "predetermined". Please change that to either -1 for default,1433 for the standard MSSQL or whatever port it is running on.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Mon, 14 Jan 2019 14:44:59 GMT par Cristian Gonzalez Ingeniero de Sistemas

Thanks, the port also took it into account and remove the value -1 for the 1433, but this change does not work either

Publié Mon, 14 Jan 2019 14:50:22 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

I think that support needs to take a deeper look. Can you open a support request?

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Mon, 14 Jan 2019 14:57:18 GMT par Cristian Gonzalez Ingeniero de Sistemas

Yes sir, thank you very much for the help

Publié Thu, 22 Oct 2020 09:36:16 GMT par Damian Scheiding
Hello,
Can you tell me how you solved this problem?

Thanks,
Damian

You must be signed in to post in this forum.