Publié Sat, 30 Mar 2019 05:50:08 GMT par Sabino Civita
Hello everybody,
I'm using 6.12 on prem in my company. We have basically 2 FC used. Bigger one with more than 1 million files.
I have more than one hundred users. Users log in with their access code. And this code is the key for the index profile in the bigger FC.
So users views only their files, obviusly. Also same index profile has filter for document type.
With DWADMIN user, that has no limitations, full text search is very speed, neverthless big amount of files.
With normal users speed is very low. If usually with DWADMIN takes few seconds for a search, for normal users most times goes in timeout.
Or in the best case, takes more than 20/30 seconds.

Do you have any idea of such a behaviour ? 
Is there something I could do to improve performance ?

You know, in many cases, full text help users to find statements that were not possible to index...

Any help and suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks

Sabino 
Publié Tue, 02 Apr 2019 05:18:23 GMT par Sabino Civita
Hello everybody,

does anyone have any idea ?

Thanks & regards

Sabino
Publié Tue, 02 Apr 2019 10:02:31 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Sabino,
Try adding a database index to the field or fields that the index filter uses. On large file cabinets correct database indexes are a must to ensure best performance.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas
Publié Tue, 02 Apr 2019 12:10:05 GMT par Sabino Civita
Hello Phil,
thank you for answer.
But what do you mean exactly ?
Add a full text index in SQL, for example ?

Thanks

Sabino
Publié Tue, 02 Apr 2019 12:23:30 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Assuming you are using Microsoft SQL Server, see this article.
https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/5573/creating-indexes-with-sql-server-management-studio/

In particular, see the section on creating a  non-clustered index.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.