Publié Fri, 12 Oct 2018 04:46:27 GMT par Kim Anthony Luna

Hi,

I created an ODBC data source for my Sybase and SQL database. The ODBC connection test came out successfully for both.

When I try to configure Autoindex to use those ODBC data sources, however, I am getting an [object object] error message. 

Is this something you have encountered before? Is Autoindex able to use 32-bit and 64-bit ODBC drivers? I'm thinking it could be a driver issue, but then the ODBC test was successful. 

Thanks! 

Publié Fri, 12 Oct 2018 10:06:10 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

When connecting to a MySQL, MSSQL, or Oracle database use the built-in DocuWare connectors.
Up to DocuWare 6.12, we used 32 bit ODBC data sources. With 7, we use 64 bit data sources. What version of DocuWare are you using?

Phil Robson

Publié Sun, 14 Oct 2018 15:21:00 GMT par Kim Anthony Luna

Thanks Phil! We are using on-premise DW 7 already on a 64-bit Windows 2016 server. Have you had any experience connecting AIX to a Sybase database ODBC? The ODBC connection is testing successful, but when we try to use the ODBC for AIX, we get an [object object] error. Thanks! 

Publié Mon, 15 Oct 2018 09:38:02 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Kim,
I assume that you have created a 32 bit ODBC data source and registered it in the DocuWare Administration program. Since with DocuWare 7, the Application Pools in IIS are 64 bit, you cannot use a 32 bit ODBC data source. The next step is to create a 64 bit DSN with exactly the same name as the 32 bit DSN. Platform should then load the 64 bit driver.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.