Publié Mon, 06 Jun 2022 13:05:03 GMT par Brandin Arsenault
Hello,

I tried doing some searching to find a solution to this problem but I'm unable to. Does anyone know how to move existing active instances to a newer version of the workflow? I made a change in our workflow that isn't breaking, and changes a global variable from a file cabinet value to a fixed value so I can tighten up some permissions, but I can't remove permissions from the users until I have these active instances moved to the newest version.

Thank you,
Brandin. 
Publié Tue, 07 Jun 2022 08:18:49 GMT par Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Brandin,&nbsp;<br> <br> simple answer: you can not do that.<br> The only workaround would be to stop the existing instance and start the workflow again from the beginning for this document after the new version has been published.<br> Or you could just wait with changing permissions until all old instances are finished.<br> <br> Hope this helps.<br> <br> Greetings from Germany,<br> Simon H. Hellmann<br> DocuWare System Consultant
Publié Thu, 09 Mar 2023 13:47:47 GMT par Saleem Anwar Senior Programmer Analyst
Hello Brandin,<br> Did you find a better way or workaround to move active instances to the newest version? I am also in a similar situation where hundreds of active instances need moved to the newest version of workflow in order for modifications to take effect for existing documents.<br> Thank you<br> Saleem
Publié Tue, 21 Mar 2023 16:53:48 GMT par Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hello Saleem,<br> <br> there is no better way currently. A new version of a workflow could potentially be completly different than the previous version, there might be new variables needed, new activities added before, so there is no way of stating again at the same place in a new workflow version.<br> <br> Regards<br> Tobias Getz<br> Team Leader Product Management

You must be signed in to post in this forum.