Publié Mon, 04 Mar 2019 22:14:12 GMT par Josh Marsh

I have an AutoIndex workflow using a file connection (Comma Separated) as the external data source setup.  I'm trying to add a filter to only use the lines that have a Y in the "Active" field in the file connection.  When I set Filter to External Data Source to Records Filter and set the Active field to = Y, I get an error message: Conditions in fiter are not correct! Please correct them or remove the filter!  I've tried all sorts of variations, but I cannot get it to accept any filters.  Has anyone been successful with this?

All these attempts throw the same error (comma separated by Field in admin: Entry Type, Operator, Fixed/Predefined Entry):

• Predefined entry, =, Empty
  • Predefined Entry, StartsWith, CurrentUserName
  • Fixed Entry, =, Y
  • Fixed Entry, =, "Y"
  • Fixed Entry, <>, "Y"

The fields do look like they are grayed out, but it still populates the columns from the file, and lets me set requirements.  Is it not possible to filter by field in files?

I am using Docuware 6.10

Publié Mon, 04 Mar 2019 22:33:00 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

I would not even try to filter a flat file. I am not surprised it does not work. A flat file must be read sequentially. The filter option is offered, but on the basis that the user understands that a flat file cannot be "selected" from since it can only be read sequentially. So while DocuWare is allowing you to create a filter on the file, the error message is correct. If you want to filter this data you need to import the file in to a database table where a query can be filtered.

I guess the problem is that DocuWare is allowing a filter to be created against a flat file but given that it not possible it is assumed that it will not be attempted.

Edit:
And the flat file should be the file that is read from. It should be the "iterated" file. Meaning you should read the file line-by-line and select the appropriate record from DocuWare - which can be filtered. If your iterated source is DocuWare, then for every record selected from the DocuWare file cabinet, you will read every record from the flat file until a match is found for every record from the DocuWare table.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Tue, 05 Mar 2019 15:23:57 GMT par Josh Marsh

I guess my question is then, Why is this feature in the UI if it doesn't work?  It has all the UI pieces to work properly, and could be implemented by Docuware looking at the filter criteria for each line as it processes it, then trying to find a match if the filter criteria are met.  It would slow down the process a bit maybe, but that would be understandable.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.