Publié Fri, 19 Oct 2018 09:36:19 GMT par Simon H. Hellmann Wedderhoff IT GmbH Systemadministrator

Hello all,

I just tried to create a database connection to a MySQL 5.7 DB.

This is a clean DW 7 Install which I did today. While creating the connection in the wizard (entered hostname, port, DBName and user) I am greeted by an error message "Password is required" or something along these lines. Even if I finish creating the connection (entering "root" which I did not want to use) and want to edit out the password afterwards, DocuWare Administration greets me with "You need to enter a new password".

tl;dr: can not connect to database with empty password.

Is this by design or  just something that might have been overlooked?

The account with empty password which I wanted to use has very restricted rights, while the root account is, well, root.Currently I am not able to create an additional user on that SQL Server and setting a password for the other account would break other software.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant

Publié Fri, 19 Oct 2018 09:41:17 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Simon,
The user must have a password. This is by design. No user should have access to any database without proper security.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Fri, 19 Oct 2018 09:51:37 GMT par Simon H. Hellmann Wedderhoff IT GmbH Systemadministrator

Hi Phil,

thank you for confirming, this is what I thought. Guess I will need to have an additional user created then.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant

You must be signed in to post in this forum.