Publié Thu, 31 May 2018 13:16:41 GMT par Craig Heintz SE

I have upgraded a DW server to 6.12 which turned of the forcing of ALL CAPS for my index information.  Unfortunately, my workflow has a decision to evaluate the next step that is being very case sensitive.

Instr(1, GV_ReqUser, GV_L2auser) =0 AND Instr(1,GV_L2auser, "NOT REQUIRED")  = 0

Any new entry that comes in for the GV_L2auser that is set to "not reuquired" fails and the task goes to the MONITOR users.

My Question is how can I make the above logic not sensitive to case?  Meaning if any variation of "Not Required" will work.  IE:  NOT REQUIRED, Not Required, not required, and noT requireD all work without putting every iteration into the logic.

Publié Thu, 31 May 2018 14:17:00 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Craig,
Yes, the upper case input is now redundant. I have a fix for you, but only with new instances as the change cannot be retroactive in to active instances.

Try this (changes in bold).

Instr(1, GV_ReqUser, GV_L2auser) =0 AND Instr(LCASE(GV_L2auser), "not required")  = 0

The LCASE(GV_L2auser) forces whatever is in the string to be tested as lower case. So the input can be any case or mix of casing.
By the way, I also removed the 1, from the Instr as it will default to the first position anyway - your choice to leave it in or not.

Also, you may want to LCASE your first test as well:
Instr(1, LCASE(GV_ReqUser), LCASE(GV_L2auser)) =0

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Thu, 31 May 2018 15:21:58 GMT par Craig Heintz SE

This worked.  Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.