Publié Mon, 17 Sep 2018 04:55:00 GMT par Kjetil Kulterud Service Owner

Hi,

I have this setup in a file cabinet:

Firstname

Lastname

Status

End Date

So, if  a new document is added with metadata "John", "Doe" and "End Date" is it possible to add metadata to "Status" on all documents that has Firstname "John" and Lastname  Doe" and an "End Date" with Autoindex?

Publié Mon, 17 Sep 2018 09:51:13 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Yes. Your Autoindex job will iterate the file cabinet using the filter "Status = something, FirstName = "John", Lastname = "Doe", "EndDate ISEMPTY().

The match code is the DWDOCID. When it finds the documents you canthen enter a value in to Status. I'm not sure how you wish to enter a date. That migth be tricky if it is not simply an arbitrary date. Id it needs calculating then AIX will not do it.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Mon, 17 Sep 2018 14:51:00 GMT par Kjetil Kulterud Service Owner

Ok, thanks.

I think a was a bit unclear.

What I really ment was if it is possible to let autoindex set metadata to the status field on all "firstname" and "lastname" that has "end date"

Let's say if both "John Doe" and "Jane Doe" has a new document and "End date"is set on both. Further based on this, fill the status field for all other documents for both Jane and John.

Publié Mon, 17 Sep 2018 18:40:20 GMT par Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

Yes, in the filter for searcing in the AIX just put in First Name = NOT EMPTY() Last Name = NOT EMPTY() , end date = NOT EMPTY(), and Status = EMPTY()

This way it won't try to update documents that have the status already filled out. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.