Publié Fri, 08 Jul 2022 15:30:13 GMT par Stephen Murray IT Manager
Hello,

I am trying to create a workflow for a 'petty cash request' form, whereby the form is assigned to a manager of that specific department.
e.g User completing form selects 'Sales' as the department from a drop down list. I would like the workflow to look at the Sales department roles, and assign it to a manager.

I don't see any way to identify a manager within the roles, and nothing on the user ID area either.

The only other thing I could think of was to get the user to manually select their managers name in a drop down on the form, but I then can't work out how to link that in the workflow..

Any help appreciated.

Stephen
Publié Mon, 11 Jul 2022 17:07:04 GMT par Michael Ceresia Sales and Support Consultant

Hi Stephen,

Maybe use a multi-column select list with:

Department, Managers (relative to that department), Manger, (Then Form will fill this) DWUSER

Make the DW  user field hidden, but you can use that in the WF as a variable for the “new” request to assign it.

Publié Tue, 12 Jul 2022 08:33:00 GMT par Stephen Murray IT Manager
Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your reply.
How do I setup a multi column select in the form? When I click to select that option, there is nothing below it. See attached.

Thanks, Stephen
Publié Tue, 12 Jul 2022 13:22:59 GMT par Stephen Murray IT Manager
Hi Michael,

Further to this, this could be a permissions issue. I don't have access to the FTP 'data' folder to upload an external file.
knowledgebase/article/KBA-35850

I also don't appear to have the 'select list mode', which is referred to here:
https://help.docuware.com/#/home/62403/2/2

Thanks, Stephen
Publié Thu, 14 Jul 2022 11:14:24 GMT par Stephen Murray IT Manager
OK, so I am slowly working my way through this.
I have now setup a local data connector to the DB with our managers list in it.

Then in Docuware, I have gone in to indexing assistant to add the new connection.
Once I have selected the local data source and connection, I am left with a message at the bottom which says:
No rules are defined yet.Create a new ruleCreate a group of rules

I can only then click on 'Cancel'.
Where do I create the rules? Does this need to be done before setting up the indexing assistant?

Thanks, Stephen
Publié Thu, 14 Jul 2022 11:28:29 GMT par Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Stephen,&nbsp;<br> <br> please click on the "+" sign at "create a new rule" to create a rule.&nbsp;<br> <br> Greetings from Germany,&nbsp;<br> Simon H. Hellmann<br> DocuWare System Consultant
Publié Thu, 14 Jul 2022 11:52:53 GMT par Stephen Murray IT Manager
Hi Simon,

Those buttons are greyed out, as per attached screen shot.
Publié Thu, 14 Jul 2022 13:18:25 GMT par Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Stephen,&nbsp;<br> <br> there is something wrong with your Local Data Connection. Below "ManagersListing" there should be a box where you can select which columns of the data source you want to use for your select list.<br> <br> <br> Greetings from Germany,<br> Simon H. Hellmann<br> DocuWare System Consultant
Publié Thu, 14 Jul 2022 13:29:59 GMT par Stephen Murray IT Manager
Thanks Simon, I will log it with Docuware support.
Publié Thu, 14 Jul 2022 14:22:22 GMT par Michael Ceresia Sales and Support Consultant
In the admin tool by chance did you click " Identify " to define the columns in the file connection?
Publié Thu, 14 Jul 2022 14:37:56 GMT par Stephen Murray IT Manager
Hi Michael,

I don't see an identify option. The connector has picked up the name of the DB and the table though.
Publié Thu, 14 Jul 2022 15:34:21 GMT par Michael Ceresia Sales and Support Consultant
Ah I must be thinking of file connection then.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.