Publié Fri, 10 May 2019 14:02:37 GMT par Daniel Johnson Go Beyond Medicine Digital Marketing Manager
I've been unable to find documentation on the Keyword field type and how to use it, but I think that if I were to understand how it can be used, it may help me set up and administer our DocuWare installation better. I don't know where else to look at the moment - apologies if this isn't the best place for it.

One thing we're looking to implement in our business is a Marketing Document Pool/File Cabinet. I'm thinking that keywords could be used to describe aspects of the document that we could use to search on. 
  1. What are some ways you use keyword fields in your business?
  2. How have you implemented them in forms?
  3. How have you used them with workflows and other functionality?
Feel free to point me to other forum posts that may already address this sort of thing, if needed.

Thank you!

Publié Mon, 13 May 2019 15:21:22 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Daniel,
The most common use of keyword fields is to describe some sort of relationship to the document. For example, you store an invoice. You may have a keyword field that lists the associated purchase orders or delivery notes.
Keyword fields can be searched on for sure. When searching a keyword field, all documents that contain the matching search criteria will be returned.
Keyword fields are implmented in forms and workflows. Hopefully a member of the community will share how their experience.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.