Publié Fri, 08 Jan 2021 16:05:19 GMT par Andrew Koontz Senior Solutions Engineer
Is it possible to have various different doc types in one file cabinet combined in a workflow? For example, a web form gets filled out and merged onto two separate doc types. A workflow watches for these doc types, and based on a condition or a status, combines the various doc types into one "packet" and stored into another doc type.
Publié Fri, 15 Jan 2021 09:45:20 GMT par Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Andrew, 

I find the question to be unclear. Do you want to combine multiple files to one document, just like clipping them in the WebClient, or do you just want to change up Index Data based on some status change?

The first one is not possible if both files are already stored in a file cabinet, the only way I could think of would be to code a tool connecting to the API which downloads one file, uploads the downloaded file as a  clipped file to the other document and deletes the first one from the file cabinet after. 

The second scenario would be pretty easy to implement depending on the environment and the conditions you use. Workflow Designer and/or Autoindex are the go-to tools for this. 

Hope this helps.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publié Fri, 15 Jan 2021 14:17:46 GMT par Andrew Koontz Senior Solutions Engineer

The first scenario is what I am/was trying to accomplish. 2 or 3 different files would be stored, each file type moving through it's own workflow, and then being combined into one document when each individual file has moved through it's workflow. 

Thanks for the response anyway!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.