You recently upgraded to 6.9 or 6.10 and now when you log into the DocuWare Web Client you are receiving the error
"ILLEGAL OPERATION ATTEMPTED ON A REGISTRY KEY MARKED FOR DELETION"
6.9/6.10 versions of DocuWare are now using domain/local admins to run the DocuWare app pools. This error may occur when an app pool's identity is used to remote into the machine, or if it is shared by another app pool. This appears to be a known issue affecting Windows Server 2012, 2008 & 2008R2.
Most of the time an IIS reset or rebooting the server when you get the error will resolve the error. If that does not work there are two other known fixes.
1) You will need to make the following changes to your Group Policy:
- start command prompt as an admin.
- type gpedit.msc (this will open the Local Group Policy Editor).
- Navigate to Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->System-->User Profiles-->Do not forcefully unload the user registry at user logoff, set this to Enabled.
If the above fix does not work then try the following:
- In IIS, expand out your application pools.
- Right click the DocuWare application pools and select Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to Load User Profile and set that to True.
- Restart IIS and your issue should be resolved.