投稿済み Fri, 29 Jun 2018 14:53:42 GMT 、投稿者 Robert Oswald CIO

Is it better practice to have one workflow with many steps and users, or is it better to have multiple workflows that encapsulate each of the steps of the larger workflow and essentially pass the document from one workflow to the next? Here's my particular situation: I've got an HR Hiring Process that passes resumes from the HR Department to a Hiring Manager and then to one or more Supervisors until a decision is made, and then back to the HR Department. This is all in one big workflow, and consequently each invidual workflow instance lasts for weeks as hiring decisions are not made quickly here.The problem is that I made a mistake in part of the workflow and, in certain circumstances, I have to manually intervene and reassign tasks. I've fixed the issue so new workflow instances don't have the problem, but I've got 270+ resumes running on the old version of the workflow that I'm going to have to monitor now for weeks.

I'm thinking that the next time I do something like this, I should break each step into it's own workflow. So if I have to fix or change something, Other documents at other stages in other workflows won't be affected, and they will just flow into the new version.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the advice.

投稿済み Fri, 29 Jun 2018 15:01:38 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Robert,
After seeing many very large and complex workflows that are difficult to analyze and troubleshoot, our opinion in support is that breaking the workflow up in to logical modules makes a lot of sense. That is for the administration. Now in your case where you have long running tasks, there is no doubt that having the processes modularized would allow in progress instances to take immediate advantage of the enhancements you make as soon as they reach that module.
So my opinion is, yes, break it up.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

投稿済み Fri, 29 Jun 2018 17:57:00 GMT 、投稿者 Jovan Lewis

I'm new to this so, I'll try to create the workflow.  So I can have multiple workflow for the same document?

投稿済み Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:11:14 GMT 、投稿者 Robert Oswald CIO

Thanks Phil.

投稿済み Fri, 13 Jul 2018 10:58:19 GMT 、投稿者 Craig Williams President/ CEO

Over the year, programming evolved from 1 block of code to many blocks of code.  It made it easier to work with.  Using the same ideas when working with Docuware can be very useful. MANY building blocks is not only easier to edit but it can be easier to update in the future and reuse in ajoining processes. Workflows feeding other workflows, filecabinets feeding other filecabinets I have one client with multiple databases for file cabinets making it easier to track down SQL issues and congestion ptroblems. 

フォーラムに投稿するためにはログインが必要です。