投稿済み Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:12:01 GMT 、投稿者 Michal Cepek
Hi,
DocuWare monitors if some workflow is triggered more times for same document (ID).
When workflow started more instances for same document ID, system unpublishes workflow and send email "The limit for active instances has been reached for workflow..."
If system monitors this behavior, is there settings which (e.g. checkbox with value) I can use to limit just one instance for workflow per document ID? Without unpublishing workflow.
I mean if workflow X started for DocID 01 and has not been ended, system will not started same workflow X again even if DocID 01 meet trigger condition again.

Thank you
投稿済み Tue, 16 Apr 2024 13:19:13 GMT 、投稿者 Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hello Michal,

you should use data assignments to make sure that the workflow is not triggered multiple times.
One possibility would be to crate a new index field "workflow active". Then insert a data assignment step at the beginning of the workflow and make it write "active" into this index field.
Before the workflow ends, do another data assignment step which clears the field "workflow active" again.
Then edit your start criteria to only trigger when this field is empty.
This is just one example of how to manage multiple workflow starts, depending on your use case there might be a better way.

Hope this helps.
Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
投稿済み Tue, 16 Apr 2024 13:38:53 GMT 、投稿者 Michal Cepek
Hi Simon,

this is exactly what I did...
But it is still workaround which breaks some other functions... for example it works just when you started only one workflow in same time.
When you have more different workflow (independent on each other) you need separate index fields for each workflow (because with one index field "workflow active" you have to wait to end of previous workflow). Then you will have a lot of indexes just for workaround. It brings more work and can cause unwanted issues (in case of error during setting up).
It is not solution for basic function.

投稿済み Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:03:06 GMT 、投稿者 Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hello Michal,

if you need to do this for each of your workflows, then this is just a symptom of other configuration problems in your DocuWare environment.
You should consult your ADP (or colleagues or your partner contact at DW if you are an ADP) and look at the configuration together with them.
They can help you best with analyzing your system and finding configuration issues.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
投稿済み Tue, 16 Apr 2024 15:31:01 GMT 、投稿者 Frank Meyer Docuplan GmbH & Co. KG | IT-Leiter
Hi Michal,

I know such problems regarding the correct setup of workflow triggers in general.

Due to my personally experiences, this behaviour happens more often, if your workflow trigger is configured with start conditions for "new document" and "documents with changed index data" in combination with the configuration if condition(s) is/are true BEFORE index data has/have changed.

If so, try to change the trigger(s) to the configuration if ALL conditions are true AFTER index data has/have changed, if possible.

Example for new invoices:
WF should start on:
- New document
- Index data of document have changed
- If ALL conditions are true AFTER index data has/have changed
--- Document type is "Invoice"
--- Status is "new"
--- Status has changed

This works normally just fine.

Best regards,
Frank

フォーラムに投稿するためにはログインが必要です。