投稿済み Fri, 02 Feb 2018 21:22:44 GMT 、投稿者 Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Hey all,

I am just testing out versions, so I made a test cabinet use versioning. I also checked the "Automatically create new versions" setting to true. At that point I could still edit documents from the viewer, and things worked as I expected.

I then turned off "Automatically create new versions", and played with the check-in/check-out functionality. Once again, things worked as I anticipated.

Just now I turned "Automatically create new versions"  back ON, and then totally exited DocuWare and got back in. But when I look at a document in this cabinet, I still see check-in/check-out options and the ability to edit the document is greyed out. To change it I would still need to check it out to a document tray, modify it, then check it back in.

Shouldn't things go back to letting me edit the document from the viewer and auto-fill the new version info?

This is not a big deal, as I don't think we'll be using versions, but I want to understand what is going on here...

(We are 6.11 on premise.)

EDIT: If I view a document that is still on version 1.0, I CAN edit the document. The one I cannot is on version 5.0, Does that mean that if any manual versions are created, one can never go back to automatic versioning for any document that is of a non-original version?

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

投稿済み Fri, 02 Feb 2018 21:28:01 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Joe,
You fell in to it. With Automatic Versioning, do not Check In or Out. That immediately disables automatic versioning for that document, and cannot be re-activated. It is by design, and is mentioned in the Online Help for versioning.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

投稿済み Fri, 02 Feb 2018 21:34:21 GMT 、投稿者 Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Thanks, Phil. Good to know. Hm, almost wish that "auto" setting were like the version setting -- set it once and that is all you can ever do. I guess if one understands the behavior, it could be useful to toggle it...

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

フォーラムに投稿するためにはログインが必要です。