投稿済み Wed, 26 May 2021 07:58:33 GMT 、投稿者 Rhys Woolley Software Developer
I'm creating a form which collects information on up to five items at once (if the user wishes), things like serial numbers and prices etc. For each item the user wants to add to the form, there is additional row of fields. For example, if the user wants to input three items on this form, they would fill in "Item 1", "Item 2" and "Item 3". The serial numbers would be indexed as "Serial Number 1", "Serial Number 2" and Serial Number 3, and the same goes for the other fields. If and when someone wants to search for a document based on an item or serial number, they would have to search in each item/serial number field because the field they've searched in is just one of five fields that the data might be indexed in. What I want to know is if there is a way for me to create a field in the file cabinet which allows the user to search for a serial number and it searches the Serial Number 1 through 5 fields to speed up the search. 

This isn't entirely necessary for a functional system but this would drastically drop off a lot of search time when searching for a document because the user may not know if they have the wrong serial number, they may have to check all 5 fields multiple times if they think they might have made a typo.

Thanks.
投稿済み Wed, 26 May 2021 08:06:31 GMT 、投稿者 Rhys Woolley Software Developer
The kind of thing I have in mind is like a cross-field wildcard
投稿済み Wed, 26 May 2021 08:45:49 GMT 、投稿者 Rhys Woolley Software Developer
Actually, I believe I've find the answer. Fulltext search seems to be exactly what I had in mind. I'll reopen the thread if I encounter any more problems but for now I believe I'm good.
投稿済み Wed, 26 May 2021 10:37:36 GMT 、投稿者 Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Rhys,

Fulltext might be a workaround, but I think you might be looking for keyword fields. Create one for Serial numbers in your file cabinet and have a look if that is what you need. 

Hope this helps. 

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant

フォーラムに投稿するためにはログインが必要です。