Veröffentlicht Fri, 06 Apr 2018 11:08:43 GMT von David Larrea

Good afternoon,

When I use Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2017 to edit .dwg documents sometimes Desktop Apps crashes. It's not something specific, it happens randomly.

Windows events tells that the file we are editing could not be found. It starts with a System.IO.FileNotFoundException in "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Edit\abnwi3ow.jr0\fileName.DWG". Then Desktop Apps closes and it finishes with a KernelBase.DLL error:

<event timestamp="2018-04-06T11:46:04.5624627+02:00" level="Fatal" logger="DocuWare.Desktop.Program" SequenceID="14" DomainName="DESKTOP-4K4RD2A" MachineName="DESKTOP-4K4RD2A" Thread="3" WindowsUserName="user"><message>Unhandled exception (terminating): System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Excepción durante la operación. El resultado no es válido. Compruebe la excepción InnerException para obtener más detalles. ---&gt; System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se pudo encontrar el archivo 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Edit\d5vp3ihc.qjp\PROCESO BARREAU-1.DWG'.
   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.File.GetAttributes(String path)
   en DocuWare.ManagedTracking.FileWatcher.get_IsPageFileChanged()
   en DocuWare.ManagedTracking.TrackRoutine.TrackPage(FileWatcher watcher, AsyncOperation asyncOp)

And in the DesktopService.log I see:

<event timestamp="2018-04-06T11:46:13.0089434+02:00" level="Info" logger="DocuWare.Desktop.AuthenticationService" SequenceID="125" DomainName="WORKGROUP" MachineName="DESKTOP-4K4RD2A" Thread="61" WindowsUserName="SYSTEM"><message>No token is provided for User sllamas in organization Organization, S.A. on system http://awdocw1cor.cie.lan/DocuWare/JobServer/Repository..</message></event>
<event timestamp="2018-04-06T11:46:13.031945+02:00" level="Warn" logger="DocuWare.Desktop.ServicesManager" SequenceID="126" DomainName="WORKGROUP" MachineName="DESKTOP-4K4RD2A" Thread="61" WindowsUserName="SYSTEM"><message>DocuWare Desktop for session 2 is not available.</message><exception>System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: No había ningún extremo escuchando en http://127.0.0.1:8090/2e45250cbfb64c9f8e334a2d29e4fc54f9987b08f8ebad97b2... que pudiera aceptar el mensaje. La causa suele ser una dirección o una acción SOAP incorrecta. Consulte InnerException, si está presente, para obtener más información. ---&gt; System.Net.WebException: Error en el servidor remoto: (404) No se encontró.
   en System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   en System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
   --- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna ---

Any advice or recomendation would be helpful!

Thanks in advance,

David Larrea.

Veröffentlicht Fri, 06 Apr 2018 11:54:24 GMT von Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

David,
I think Desktop is crashing because it has no graceful exit from the error where the file is supposed to be there, since that's where it put it.
So some questions:
When does the error occur - During editing or when saving the document?
Have you inspected the file system to see if the file is still there after the error?

If the file is still there:
Check Real time anti-virus and create an exception for the AppData\Local\Temp folder.

If the file is not there:
You need to investigate what process could be removing the file.
 Autocad could be doing something with the file. Given that it is random, can you identify any particular function when you are editing that is common to when the error occurs?

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Veröffentlicht Mon, 09 Apr 2018 04:16:59 GMT von David Larrea

Good morning Phil,

Thank you for answering quickly.

The error occurs when the document is opened and the client saves the file. In that very moment is when sometimes crashes.

The file is still there always and when the client edits the document it creates a .bak file.
It is a completely new PC with no antivirus nor other program, just Docuware, Autocad and Chrome.

Does this info help you?

Greetings,
David Larrea

Veröffentlicht Mon, 09 Apr 2018 09:54:59 GMT von Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

David,
I'm not at all sure what the problem could be. No anti-virus on the machine eliminates the most probably possibility. I wonder if the .bak file is created by AutoCad and that may have some bearing. I'll check Edit & Send on my system to see if a .bak file is created by DocuWare - I doubt it though. It is odd that Desktop cannot 'see' the file. This leads me to believe that it is locked. Also, the random nature of the problems makes it very difficult to track down.
What version of DocuWare?
Since it is new pc I'll assume Windows 10.

This procedure may help in tracking down what has the file locked, I would run this script a few times just before pressing save. It may give some insight.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/How-to-find-out-which-c0d4e60e

Phil Robson

Veröffentlicht Wed, 11 Apr 2018 09:43:23 GMT von David Larrea

Good afternoon Phil,

After trying more things and tests, I've determined that Autocad is saving for himself the document. The thing is that for example a Word document it's openned in a single thread and when you closes the document the thread stops and Docuware can delete the document. 

However, Autocad works with tabs so when a document is openned the AutoCad thread is still running. So Docuware waits till it is formally closed. And in some points it chases.

Is there a way to tell Desktop Apps to wait a little longer than the program is closed or something like that?

They are using Docuware 6.11 in a Windows 10 system.

Thnks in advance!

Veröffentlicht Wed, 11 Apr 2018 11:21:47 GMT von Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Hi David,
Thyere is no configuration file option to make DocuWare wait. It is using native .Net handling routines. So as soon as the attributes on the file are detected as changed it will react to it. I do not have a solution for you.

Phil Robson

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.