Veröffentlicht Thu, 29 Apr 2021 06:16:12 GMT von Michael Obeysekera
Hi, 

We have created an AutoIndex to copy data from client's DB to Docuware. It uses a file connection to a file on the FTP Data location. The CSV file is created from a DB daily. Once the CSV file is created it has to be uploaded to the FTP location so that the AutoIndex can also be run daily.

We want to automate this as a daily task, so I created a batch script to create the file an upload it. The file creation part is fine. The issue is in trying to upload it to the ftp location. The ftp commands are able to connect to the host (ftp.docuware-online.de) using client's Docuware admin user. But it fails to put the file. 

These are the ftp commands saved in a file.
open ftp.docuware-online.de
adminUser
adminPassword
lcd C:\DB_Export
put GL-Codes.csv
quit

The .bat file calls the following command.
ftp -s:ftpScript.txt

This is the response
ftp> open ftp.docuware-online.de
Connected to ftp.docuware-online.de.
220-Welcome to DocuWare FTP Server!
220 Only anonymous FTP is allowed here
200 OK, UTF-8 enabled
User (ftp.docuware-online.de:(none)):
331 Any password will work

230 Any password will work
ftp> lcd C:\DB_Export
Local directory now C:\DB_Export.
ftp> put GL-Codes.csv
200 PORT command successful
532 Invalid permissions
ftp> quit
221-Goodbye. You uploaded 0 and downloaded 0 kbytes.
221 Logout.

It successfully connects to ftp.docuware-online.de, but it doesn't seem to go to the ftp.docuware-online.de/clientGUID/data/ - folder. This is the folder that file connection uses to check for files. We already have couple of files here, but none are shown when we connect from FTP

If we type ftp://ftp.docuware-online.de/clientGUID/data/ on Windows Explorer it opens up the folder.

I tried connecting with FileZilla too and it connects to ftp.docuware-online.de, but lists empty root folder, not /data.

1. How do I navigate to the data folder?

2. Is it possible to use the ftp commands to upload files to the /data folder?

3. If ftp commands can't be user, how can I automate the file upload?

If anyone has previous experience using ftp commands to upload to the FTP /data folder, your advice is appreciated. 

Thank you

Veröffentlicht Thu, 29 Apr 2021 12:16:33 GMT von Craig Heintz SE
A cloud account has a link to the FTP site in the Web Configuration screen under FTP.  Look for the two icons.
Also, the FTP site uses anonymous and no credentials.  In fact credentials makes it fail. 
It is not secure in the least only  the unique ftp path keeps others from immediately finding it..
Veröffentlicht Thu, 29 Apr 2021 22:44:54 GMT von Michael Obeysekera
Hi Craig, 

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to upload a file to the unique path using command line ftp?

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.