Veröffentlicht Wed, 28 Oct 2020 11:52:36 GMT von Andrew Wheeler Viking Office Systems
Has anyone figured out how to work with password protected documents?
The documents are imported using the outlook plugin.
I can check out the documents to the file system. Modify the file to remove the password but I do not have the option to check in the modified document. The only option is to cancel check out. When I do this I get a progress bar but the document is not changed in Docuware.

Thanks
Andrew
Veröffentlicht Fri, 30 Oct 2020 07:53:41 GMT von Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Andrew,
if you have checked out the document to the file system and removed the password protection you can put the file back to a document tray and then check it in again. When checking out to file system it is important to not change the file name as this is the only connection between the file and the original version in the file cabinet.
You could also use the edit functionality inside the file cabinet or document tray (depends on your rights) to open the document directly from there and save it. After closing the application it will be automatically uploaded to the original location. Depending on your file cabinet settings the new file replaces the original file or is added as a new version.
Regards
Tobias Getz
Veröffentlicht Tue, 24 Nov 2020 23:28:12 GMT von Andrew Wheeler Viking Office Systems
Thanks Tobias,

I checked the document out to the tray then unclipped the email and attachment.
Using edit from the tray opened the document in word.
Saved the document with the password removed.
The document uploaded into the tray and I clipped the email and attachment back together.
I then checked the document into filing cabinet.
The document could now be viewed within DocuWare.

Again Thanks Tobias.

Andrew 

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.