Veröffentlicht Tue, 16 Apr 2024 07:50:40 GMT von Sander Helfensteijn
Hi, 

I created a workflow where a task is set up to make an appointment with a student. This time and date will send over to the student via e-mail. 
2 days before this event is happening I want to send out a reminder. How do I do that via workflow?

I have the following data:
DW_Appointment: <Date> 
DW_Reminder: DateAdd("d", -2, DW_Appointment)

I want to check the DW_Reminder = equal to current date.

Is this possible in the workflow? 

Thanks! 
Veröffentlicht Tue, 16 Apr 2024 08:45:09 GMT von Frank Meyer Docuplan GmbH & Co. KG | IT-Leiter
Hi Sander,

to get this work I use <DateTime> field(s) instead of just <Date>.

If you've already set an appointment date before, you don't have to check if the reminder date is equal to the current date.
The arithmetic expression "DateAdd ("d", -2, DW_APPOINTMENT)" should work.

Best regards,
Frank
Veröffentlicht Tue, 16 Apr 2024 08:49:15 GMT von Sander Helfensteijn
Hi Frank, 

Thanks for your reply. But how do I send an email when the date is due? DocuWare needs to check if the DW_APPOINTMENT is today?
Sander
Veröffentlicht Tue, 16 Apr 2024 09:13:59 GMT von Frank Meyer Docuplan GmbH & Co. KG | IT-Leiter

Hi Sander,

I understand.

Please create also a global workflow variable (GV) e.g. called "ReminderDate" <DateTime> and fill it with the reminder DateTime value.

Place a "time delay activity" (or "time interval" - have just a german WF designer frontend and I'm not 100 % sure about the correct designation/description of this activity). Set the radio button to "time delay" and choose your GV "ReminderDate".

Place an "e-mail activity" behind the time delay activity and configure it.

If the current DateTime has reached your reminder DateTime, the workflow will automatically sent out this e-mail.

Best regards,

Frank

Veröffentlicht Tue, 16 Apr 2024 09:20:31 GMT von Frank Meyer Docuplan GmbH & Co. KG | IT-Leiter
Have updated my last post.
Veröffentlicht Tue, 16 Apr 2024 09:22:35 GMT von Sander Helfensteijn
Hi Frank, 

It works! Thanks for the specific information! 

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.