Veröffentlicht Thu, 10 Aug 2023 06:24:47 GMT von Elton Santos
Hi DocuWare Team,

I have a scenario, where I need to retrieve fields from a particular document. The EndPointis "{{ServerUrl}}/{{Platform}}/FileCabinets/{{FileCabinetId}}/Documents/{{DocumentId}}/Field/ and it return a list of fields of my document, but I would like to go even further, and specify a particular field.
For Example: for the response below I would like to retrieve only the fields where the FieldName is equal to the 'DWDOCID', 'ORDER_NUMBER', and 'BANK_ACCOUNT', and not all fields.

Is it possible to be achieved it? is there any Endpoint that allows to specify the field name?

Veröffentlicht Thu, 10 Aug 2023 06:41:42 GMT von Elton Santos
Sorry, I forgot to attach the current response from the GET method.
Veröffentlicht Thu, 10 Aug 2023 08:07:06 GMT von Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Elton, 

as far as I know, you can only retrieve the entire field list and then filter it.
I usually only use the .NET API (which is just a wrapper for the REST API), and even there I have to retrieve Document.Fields and then filter for the field I need. Normally I do this by using LINQ like this:
string value = Document.Fields.FirstOrDefault(f => f.FieldName == "DOCUMENT_TYPE").Item.ToString();

So if you only want a single field with the REST API, you probably have to parse the JSON Object and filter it.

Hope this helps.
Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.