Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Nov 2019 20:50:00 GMT von Aaron Garcia IT Consultant
Hello, I am looking for official documentation on how to backup everything involved in a Docuware installation. We are on 6.7 using MySQL. Can you please point me to an official post that has this info?

Also, is there a tool to migrate mySQL to SQL or is this something that only Support can do?

And finally, can the Webserver component be installed on a different server than the database, administration and file cabinets server? Since the server needs to be exposed on the web we want to keep it separate.

Thank you!!
Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Nov 2019 21:04:01 GMT von Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Aaron,
We do not actually document any specific backup procedure for DocuWare. This is because there are many backup solutions for Windows on the market.
There is 3 elements to backing up DocuWare:

1. The actual windows installation files.
2. The file system where the documents reside.
3. The database.

Any IT person worth their salt should be able to develop a backup strategy using commercial backup software that encompasses the 3 elements above.
Importantly, MySQL does not contain any backup ability at all, but there are tools available to implement regular backups of the database - MySQL Workbench for example.
Backing up the document repository is always critical and must be included in a strategy.
Of course everyone performs backups of their Server installation regularly so that takes care of the DocuWare program files side of things.

You may wish to refer to my blog article on protecting your business data:
https://start.docuware.com/blog/document-management/protect-your-business-with-a-data-backup-plan

As far as migrating from MySQL to MSSQL, this is a task that must be performed by Professional Services. The process can be fraught with difficulties and it is best that we do it to ensure a satisfactory and timely result.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Client Services, Americas

Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Nov 2019 21:08:23 GMT von Aaron Garcia IT Consultant
Thanks! A couple of questions:

Backing up no. 1 means the actual files needed to install Docuware?

Also, what about my question on IIS? Can the Webserver component be installed on a different server than the database, administration and file cabinets server? Since the server needs to be exposed on the web we want to keep it separate.

Thank you.
Veröffentlicht Mon, 25 Nov 2019 05:32:54 GMT von Aaron Garcia IT Consultant
Any chance I can get an answer for this? Thanks!
Veröffentlicht Mon, 25 Nov 2019 08:10:24 GMT von Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Good morning Aaron,

yes, Phil is talking about the installed DocuWare files which reside for example in C:\Program Files (x86)\DocuWare. Not because these files are not replaceable, but because some part of the config could reside there.
However, I think he means the entire Windows System as well, so you can restore your backup as fast as possible if needed.

My usual go-to recommendation is to use VMs for the DocuWare Servers and back them up by using some tool like Veeam Backup and Restore.
Additionally, you could back up your documents and the database.

You can split your DocuWare installation to up to 3 servers, see this blog post for details: https://start.docuware.com/blog/product-news/choosing-the-ideal-docuware-server-configuration

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.