Posted Mon, 12 Jun 2023 12:38:31 GMT by Jagannathan Jayaraman OA Technocrat
Hi,<br> <br> I have a use case. We are using Docuware Form to request Read access to a particular document for short time. Once the Docuware form is submitted a workflow is trigged and using several check points we are able to identify the DOCID of the document which we are looking .Now to extend the workflow to the approvers we would like to pass a URL for the document through Notification Email in the same workflow so that the approve can click on the link to look at the document which the user is request to read access.&#160; I need some suggestions how we can get the URL for the Document which was identified in previous step so that the approver view the document before approving.&#160;&#160;<br> <br> Example of Use case:<br> User A need to view a particular Invoice Number from a Vendor. So, he fills in the details in Docuware Form with necessary justification why he needs to view this invoice. It moves to several workflow process. During each approver stage i want the approvers to view this invoice before they approve.<br> Looking forward to here from the community if there is a better way to get this done.<br> <br> Best Regards<br> Jagan
Posted Mon, 12 Jun 2023 16:33:35 GMT by Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hello Jagan,&#160;<br> <br> if you already know the DocId, then you can create a global variable and fill it with an arithmetic expression.<br> Use the following:<br> <br> <code>&quot;https:/&quot; &amp; &quot;/{YourDocuWareServer}/DocuWare/Platform/WebClient/Integration?p=V&amp;fc={YourFileCabinetGUID}&amp;did=&quot; &amp; GV_DocId</code><br> <br> just replace the {} with the correct values and you should be all set.<br> Note how I split the assignment into two strings. This is because Arithmetic expressions do not behave properly when you use two slashes next to each other, because the first tries to escape the second.<br> <br> You can also use the URL Creator (part of the desktop apps) to create URLs like this.<br> <br> GV_DocId should contain the DocId you know.<br> <br> Hope that helps.<br> <br> Greetings from Germany,<br> Simon H. Hellmann<br> DocuWare System Consultant
Posted Mon, 12 Jun 2023 21:02:31 GMT by Connie McMahan Software & Database Manager
Thank you so much for this timely question and answer.&#160; I have a use case that this works beautifully for.
Posted Thu, 15 Jun 2023 13:06:11 GMT by Jagannathan Jayaraman OA Technocrat
Dear Simon,<br> <br> Thanks for your swift response. It worked as a charm.&#160;<br> On a different Note. If want to copy this document from the current file cabinet with index values to another file cabinet (Which has the exact structure) can this be achieved using a workflow? Currently i am using&#160;Transfer feature.<br> <br> Regards<br> Jagan
Posted Thu, 15 Jun 2023 13:59:22 GMT by Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Great we could help you, Connie!<br> <br> @Jagan: Transfer is probably the best way for that. You can not use Workflow to transfer or copy the document to another filecabinet.<br> If Transfer does not work for you, you might need to use a third-party app (or Webservice) for that or develop your own.<br> <br> Greetings from Germany,<br> Simon H. Hellmann<br> DocuWare System Consultant

You must be signed in to post in this forum.