Posted Sat, 09 Sep 2023 12:07:32 GMT by Jagannathan Jayaraman OA Technocrat
Use case.
Application Forms are received and are stored into FC by receptionist.  Workflow triggers once the documents are stored.  The Staff has a checklist of Required documents along with application form. 

Let's say we need to get 7 pre-requisite documents along with the application. But the user has not submitted all of them.  The receptionist has added the missing documents list to a Keyword field let's call it as Missing Documents during the time of storing.

Example in this case 5 Documents are missing .  I had created a select list of the missing documents using keyword field and used the same to populate in the workflow task. so that approving staff know exactly which documents are needed when they receive the missing documents. They can clip the received document and selected the type of document received from the list which i had created by matching the DocID. Let's assume 2 more documents are missing.

Now I would like to get guidance's on the way forward.  Remove the received document from the Missing Document Keyword field. I would like to workflow to loop until all the documents are received from the users . later another workflow takes over.

How can i remove or delete the record from the keyword field in workflow task. 

Does anyone know of a way or better approach to the problem?

Many Thanks in advance
Jagan

Posted Mon, 11 Sep 2023 08:51:50 GMT by Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Jagan, 

you can use the Strings.Filter() method in an arithmetic expression for that.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Posted Mon, 11 Sep 2023 09:44:19 GMT by Jagannathan Jayaraman OA Technocrat

Dear Simon,<br> Thanks for the response.&#160; I would appreciate if you could provide the syntax.&#160; I am not very familiar with strings.filter(). Example let's assume the keyword field is called Checklist. currently it contain (Application&#160; Biodata Transfer_form payment)&#160; and the receptionist have received Payment. So the arithmetic expression should remove payment and checklist should contain (Application&#160; Biodata transfer_form)<br> <br> BR<br> <br> Jagan

Posted Mon, 11 Sep 2023 14:13:55 GMT by Gerardo Lisanti Team Leader Product Management
Hi Jagan,

you need to assign all remaining items to keyword "Checklist" again. As Simon mentioned you can use the Filter() function in an aritmetic expression, to remove specific items. In other words you get the current content of keyword "Checklist", remove the value "Payment" and write the remaining items back to the keyword field.
The syntax should look like this: Filter(DW_CHECKLIST,"Payment",false)

For the condition you can user Count() to check the remaining items in the "Checklist" and send it back to the user, if it is not 0:
The syntax should look like this: Count(DW_CHECKLIST)=0

Viele Grüße / With best regards,

--

Gerardo Lisanti
Team Leader Product Management  |  DocuWare GmbH
Posted Mon, 11 Sep 2023 15:27:08 GMT by Jagannathan Jayaraman OA Technocrat
Dear Gerardo & Simon,

Thanks for your support. I managed to get my workflow working.  The challenge I had in Filter () when a user selects more than one options.

Example: - When Payments & Biodata are selected the filter () doesn't work. 

I had to create a Global variable Tempdata type text. Create Global Variable Var_Checklist type keyword.
I had captured user options in Dialog as keyword field type.  Assign it to Global Variable Var_Checklist. 

I had to check number of records in Var_Checklist options added by user using count () then read first record move it out to Tempdata text field then run the filter function Filter (DW_CHECKLIST,tempdata,false) update checklist. Then loop until all the records are read and updated.
As mentioned, the Main workflow will loop until all the mandatory attachments are received.

Finally managed to figure this out.  Thanks for your support.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.