Posted Thu, 01 Mar 2018 13:57:26 GMT by Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Hi

If I read the latest FAQs correctly,  a workflow task calling a webservice via HTTP will fail if called so after November 1st 2018.

If I am right it means one has to change the call asap to be on the safe side.

But, being on the safe side will not mean to be immune to such behavior as some old task with HTTP call might still be active. As some workflow  task can last for quite some long time (for an order pending for instance)

Any recommendation to avoid problem ? 

Regards

Gilles

Posted Thu, 01 Mar 2018 14:05:11 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Gilles,
Naturally this will only affect Cloud users or On-Premise users using our Cloud based Web Services. I don't see a way around it if there is an active Workflow instance using HTTP on November 1st. So the strategy of making the change ASAP is the smart way to go. Hopefully there will not be too many Workflow instances with a lifetime of 7 months or more.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Thu, 01 Mar 2018 14:27:42 GMT by David Barlet Technical Manager

Hi Phil,

As you may know, our customers (who are mainly use DocuWare for invoices) can validated an invoice with their process in few days or weeks. So for that it's not a problem.

But some invoice can be disputed or on pending with the supplier. And for these cases, it's could take a very long times (several month) to resole the disputed invoice. So it will be a problem if a workflow does'nt work at this time (even if we make the change now). So what is the solution in this case?

Best regards,

David

Posted Thu, 01 Mar 2018 16:11:12 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

The question is quite valid. I have posed it to the Workflow R&D team. It may take a few days or so to get an answer so please be patient while they consider the issue. It is good that this has been raised now and not in October!

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.