Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2019 21:38:58 GMT by Michael Weingand Professional Services Manager
I just migrated DocuWare from Server 2008r2 to a Windows 2016 server.  Users that login through IE can not print.  When the select a docuement then select print, a new tab comes up withe url for the document but the document does not come up.  It's just a grey screen.  When the same person tries it with Chrome or Firefox, it works.

Anyone figure out what needs to be done to fix this.  Im thinking it's a setting on the clients IE but I have not found anything.  It worked fine before the migration.  Same url, same IE,and again it works int eh other two browser.  Unfortunately we are not using those corporately.
Posted Mon, 07 Oct 2019 12:31:30 GMT by Tim Ohm
I think we've seen the same behavior here.  Are your clients running Win10 & using print as PDF?  We haven't found a root cause yet, but something appears to be mishandling the hand-off between Acrobat Reader & IE.  We see the acrobat process spin up when the print tab pops open in IE, but nothing ever displays.  However - refreshing (F5) the grey tab will display the document and the print dialog will pop.  

Now...if the original tab is left open (or another document that was printed), additional documents can be printed without issue, but as soon as all the documents in the print tabs are closed, the Acrobat process spins down and the same grey tab appears in IE for the next print attempt.

Chrome & Firefox don't exhibit the issue as they appear to be using their own PDF engine, so no interaction with Acrobat Reader is happening.  That's my theory anyway.  I don't think this is a DW issue - I have heard reports of a similar problem between a couple other internal products, but have not observed the issue there.
Posted Tue, 08 Oct 2019 00:52:22 GMT by Craig Heintz SE
My experience has always been Acrobat has a setting that needs changing.  Setting Attached

You must be signed in to post in this forum.