Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:01:01 GMT by melody sanders

Can anyone tell me why when I move files into my basket Docuware changes the order of the files and how to keep this from happening?  When scanning invoices for example, Acrobat gives the file a name and they are ordered by date and time.  When I move these files to Docuware, Docuware puts them in the basket in some random order I cannot figure out the reasoning for.  I know I could name each file when I scan but in this case, it is just faster to scan them allowing Acrobat to assign a name.  thanks.

Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:54:05 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Melody,
What version of DocuWare?
Current releases allow you to sort the documents on the following:
Type
Name
Created On
Modified On
Source
Status

Each of the options allow you to sort ascending or descending. The default is likely just the order that DocuWare has delivered them to your basket.
Look for the Up/Down arrow in the basket bar, and select Sort by Name. This setting should stick and make more sense for you.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2018 14:03:52 GMT by Vanessa Castillo Fiscal Administrator

Without having to unstaple and re-staple a document, is there a way that we can flag or bookmark a page within an existing file?  For example, there may be a file that is 400 pages, but it consists of 5 separate documents, so I would like to place some kind of marker on specific pages so that I can search in the file using the "flagged" pages instead of having to scroll through the entire file.  Sometimes I have success using the magnifying glass to search using a check number within the file, but it only seems to work for the first search.  Any subsequent searches in the same file return N/A.  Thank you.

Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2018 18:01:22 GMT by Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

no such way to do this and good luck with trying to unstaple a 400 page document because you can only see 100 documents in a tray. It is a real pain and was hoping they would change that. Honestly, reordering, deleting pages from documents is a HUGE pain in DocuWare and not an easy task for users. 

Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2018 18:26:15 GMT by Josef Zayats

Vanessa,

You do not have to Unstaple 400 pages, but use a split function 4 times to separate into 5 documents and store them individually, but with the same indexing info, perhaps add a new index feild (Document Section Number?) and have indexed with 1,2,3,4,5 for each document.

If you want to keep it as a single document, you could still split it in 5 parts, and then add to the tray 4 specially created 'separation' pages (as PDFs - use printing from MSWord to Docuware Printer) which will contain some unique text such as "Document Separation Page", and have all 9 documents stapled in order of alternating document parts and the pages. Store resulting document. 

Then when you have the document found by search, you could use the Docuware Viewer "Start Fulltext Search"  and "Fulltext search continue" tools to locate your bookmarks (Searching for "Document Separation Page")

You must be signed in to post in this forum.