Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2018 19:32:58 GMT by Shimon Dashevsky NO LONGER WITH COMPANY

I have an autoindex function set up to catch duplicate files when they are being stored into a cabinet. It usually works, but I've found that if I take a copy a file from the cabinet to the document tray, delete the original file from the cabinet and store the copy, the copy is being flagged as a duplicate even though the original file is not present in the cabinet.

How can I get this to work correctly?

Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2018 19:42:34 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Shimon,
This sounds very odd. Can you post the details of the Autoindex job?

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2018 20:04:49 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Shimon,
If this is DocuWare 7, and the AIX job is an instant AIX job, then the problem might just be timing. If you restore the document within a few seconds of deleting the original then the updates to the system in the backend may not have completed. This is the only thing I can think of to cause this. If the above is true, can you test this theory by waiting a bit longer before re-storing the document?

Phil Robson

Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2018 20:27:57 GMT by Shimon Dashevsky NO LONGER WITH COMPANY

This is DocuWare 7. I tried waiting 5 minutes, and got the same result

Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2018 20:30:39 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Shimon,
At this point I think we need a Support Request. This needs to be investigated more deeply.

Phil Robson

Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2018 22:52:05 GMT by Josef Zayats

Simon,

your method has a logic flaw and is not going to work. The easiest way is to use a sql script outside of Docuware and mark duplicate documents using "group by Vendor,Invoice#,Company having count>1" sql statement. B

But if you feel uncomfortable to use sql or have a cloud system without access to SQL as for a cloud system, you could use a working Autoindex method I posted some time ago here:

https://www.docuware.com/forum/english-forums/docuware-questions-about-u...

Posted Wed, 05 Dec 2018 20:27:17 GMT by Shimon Dashevsky NO LONGER WITH COMPANY

Hi Jozef,

Indeed, the logic was flawed. When I switched the OR operator to AND, it ended up working.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.