Posted Thu, 09 Aug 2018 13:28:14 GMT by Larry Stover President

I need to restore the data base from documents in a 6.10 system.  I have used the FC settings (xml) file and have copied the documents to a storage area. Running the restore workflow gets nothing.  Can someone explain the details in using this restore workflow?

Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2018 04:35:19 GMT by Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Hi

I do not know what is a "restore workflow"

From my knowledge there is no way (unless "playing" at the database level) to restore a workflow.

This is a constant request to get an export/import functionality. Hopefully available someday.

For sure still not available in DW 7

Do not hesitate to vote for

https://docuware.uservoice.com/forums/230572-configuration-english/sugge...

Regards

Gilles

Altexence CEO

Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2018 04:51:13 GMT by

Hi Larry,

have you changed the storage locations in the administration, else DocuWare didn´t know where your documents are.

D u have to choose the disks in the configuration or is there nothing shown?

The restore service is explained in the help:

http://help.docuware.com/en/#b62903t26859n85731

maybe u´ve forgotten anything?!

Best regards

Martin

Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2018 05:31:21 GMT by Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Hi

Oups, now I understand, you were talking about the job to restore indexes, sorry for the wrong answer

Although the need to get an export/import functionality for workflows (from Workflow Manager) still exists :-)

Regards

Gilles

Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2018 23:29:28 GMT by Larry Stover President

Martin,

I have made a storage location on a new pc that is running 6.10. I have copied the disks (documents) from the old pc running 6.10 to this new storage area.  I did a file cabinet export to get the file cabinet settings from the old system and copied these (xml files) to the new pc.  I created a file cabinet using the command prompt in admin and used the xml settings file and storage location.  The new file cabinet looks exactly like the old one, however it creates only 1 disk  - .000001.  I have many disks, but they don't start with 1 and they don't have the same number associated with the xml file.  Running the restore I see in logging that it is running, but nothing happens.  I'm letting it run over night and see if anythng appears tomorrow. The reason I'm doing this is to get to DW7 for 4 file cabinets that  I used for a customer's DWRequest jobs.  They were large and left on an older machine that is only running 32 bit and has only 3 gb ram.  I need them again to do more DWRequest scanning work for this customer. The newer pc has 64 bit and is dedicated to doing this process.  I will upgrade it to DW7 and hopefully the file cabinets will be ok.  Then I will take these new file cabinets in DW7 and move them to my current 16gb ram DW7 installation I use in my DWRequet scanning service burea.  Thanks for looking into this.  Larry

Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2018 06:54:06 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Larry,
Please open a support request. You cannot just run a restore and expect DocuWare to 'know' about these disks from another file cabinet. The name of the disks is irrelevant. The GUID's of the disks have to match and the disks registered against the new file cabinet.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2018 00:49:41 GMT by Larry Stover President

Solved using this method provided by support:

Creat storage location in DW Admin. Copy disks to storage area. Create file cabinet in DW Admin (name exactly like disks to make it easier). Copy settings from xml file. Select storage path.  Go to storage area and look at new disk .000001 that is created.  Copy file in disk .000001 and paste it in all other disksthat were copied to storage area.  Delete old file (guid) in each disk. I didn't have an old disk .000001. Go to Admin and your new file cabinet and click on documents. Add logical disk. Move available disks to assigned disks. OK and then new disks will be added. In pre-defined workflows go to restor services. Create new workflow and select file cabinet. Verify your storage area. Criteria - disk#. Move from available to selected. Document overrides database. Start workflow later.  Right click workflow and choose run once and you will see progress of workflow.  After 100% is reached wait for it to stop. Finished!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.