Error "Cannot Initiate Device Service to Scan" while using Connect to Sharp
If you get the error message "Cannot Initiate Device Service to Scan" while trying to scan into a file cabinet or web basket using Connect to Sharp on a supported device solve it using the steps desrcibed below.
- Delete the virtual directory "tmp" in the IIS Manager
- Create a folder and subfolder structure like this in the Connect to Sharp web instance directory: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\...\tmp\scans
- Add directory rights on the instance directory C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ (add the rights Change, Read/Execute, Display folder content, Read, Write to the group "IIS_IUSRS")
- Make sure that the appropriate application pool is running with "AppPoolIdentity"
- In the database (dwsystem.dwwebinstance --> settings) change the value for the temporary directory to fit to the new created directory in the web instance folder (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\...\tmp)
- Restart the DocuWare services & do restart the IIS (by using the command "iisreset" in the command line)