Publicado Fri, 24 May 2024 19:02:47 GMT por Jon Sproule OE Canada Inc. Content Management Consultant
Hi All,

I'm working with a potential client and have been asked a question I haven't had before. The use case is that the client would like to track documents due in 90 days and once that criteria is met, send an email outside of the organization as a notification. Is this possible? It's for the tracking and renewal of certifications and they'd like to fully automate the process. Possibly a link to a form would work, but it would need to email externally. If this is something you've had experience with, your input would be greatly appreciated. I can provide additional details as needed.
Publicado Mon, 27 May 2024 12:39:18 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Jon,

I would solve this with a combination of Autoindex and Workflow.
Create a date field on the document which has the expiration date, then do an Autoindex Job which triggers for documents where expiration date is in the past and have it run daily.
This sets a status field which triggers a workflow. (Yes I know that workflow also has a timer-based trigger, but in my experience this is very unreliable.)

The workflow then sends the E-Mail notification with a link to a public form.
Why should it matter if the destination mail address is internal or external?

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publicado Mon, 27 May 2024 12:42:36 GMT por Jon Sproule OE Canada Inc. Content Management Consultant
Thank you, Simon. I appreciate your response. I wasn't sure if the system could send an email using index data as opposed to system user data. The rest of the explanation is pretty much exactly how I had planned to address this. Thanks for your help! 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.