We were upgrading from 6.12 to 7.0 on our production server. The upgrade simulation went through with flying colors. When continuing with the install we got the 3 errors shown on the 1st. page of the attachment. Continued on and all seemed good. However when trying to open Workflow or Configuration we got the error shown on the 2nd page of the attachment. And when trying to open DW through the web apps in the Task Bar we got the error shown on page 3. Now going to DW through IE by entering the web address opened DW it seemed to work fine. It seems that anything related to Desktop Apps refuses to work.
We did backup the DB and since the DW server is a virtual, we also backed that up so we were able to restore everything back to its original working condition. Just wanted to see if anyone else has run into a situation like this before we try it again.
Any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem?
Our Service Rep called and advised us to follow your recommendations.
I was one of those that could not print from a Doc Tray. As suggested, I removed then reinstalled Adobe Reader. Printing from the Doc Tray was reestablished (for a while). I then installed DW on a laptop and could not print from a Doc Tray. I uninstalled Adobe Reader then reinstalled it but still could not print. I then uninstalled Reader, rebooted the laptop, then reinstalled Reader. Still could not print. I even used Adobe’s cleaner and still have the problem. Went back to my workstation and test printing again and could not print from a Doc Tray once again. Uninstalled and reinstalled Reader but still can’t print. The only way that I could print was to go into IE add-ons and disable The Adobe Reader add-on. The only thing is that when the document comes up, it is blacked out but the print screen comes up and I am able to print the document. Once the document is printed, and the print box closes the document appears as normal. I have discovered that if Adobe reader is enabled and I try to print from the Doc Tray, I get the blank page as before, but if I then refresh the screen, the page loads normally.
Checked with another staff having the same problem, and after removing and reinstalling Adobe Reader, no change, but the refresh corrects the problem.