Publié Thu, 29 Nov 2018 13:30:03 GMT par Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Hi,

Is there a way to get the build number of the version available in http://www.docuware.com/r/download/dw7 ?

We  need that to be sure that the version installed on site is the one available as the latest to download

And best, would be to get for each version in https://docuwarekb.microsoftcrmportals.com/en-US/knowledgebase/article/K...

the Build number

For instance 

Included improvements:

2018-10-24: Build # 7.0.0.8375 (not sure if the value is correct)

etc

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Gilles

Publié Thu, 29 Nov 2018 13:59:46 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Gilles,
The version is 2018-11-07. Build # 7.0.0.8480.
The list of improvements document is in the PDF. We are a little behind with the new Knowlege bases pages, but hope to be caught up soon.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Thu, 29 Nov 2018 14:08:32 GMT par Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

HI Phil

That's exactly the information I am looking for

Thanks a lot.

Would be more than helpfull to have it available in the documentation here https://docuwarekb.microsoftcrmportals.com/en-US/knowledgebase/article/K...

Regards

Gilles

Publié Fri, 30 Nov 2018 06:19:00 GMT par Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Hi Phil

Looks like there is a difference between your information and the info I get from the installation.

When trying to update to version 2018-11-07 I get "update to version 7.0.0.8475.0"

And you wrote :The version is 2018-11-07. Build # 7.0.0.8480

I do not know what's between.

I suggest we can get such information in the file name as well as in the description to avoid any mistake.

Thansk in advance

Regards

Gilles

Publié Fri, 30 Nov 2018 07:57:00 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Gilles,
I will investigate this. The November file should be 8480. The build number in the file name is a good idea except it will stop the default link from working.

Phil Robson

Publié Fri, 30 Nov 2018 10:49:12 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Gilles,
There are 2 version numbers. There is a Setup Version and a Build Version. If you inspect an MSI properties then you will see the Setup Version. After installation in Configuration > About you will see the Build version.
So for Update 2018-11-07, the Setup Version is 7.0.0.8475.0, and the  Build version is 7.0.0.8450.

In future, the PDF that ships with the Update will have a header line that provides the above information.

Phil Robson

Publié Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:18:00 GMT par Nathan French ComDoc Systems Analyst

So to apply hotfixes, you download the whole installer, and run the setup.exe again, on the already installed docuware system?  Should services be stopped first?  If so, should the DB and authentication server still be running?  

I haven't found instructions except for here which says only "With running the familiar setup routine again, the latest improvements are installed on your existing DocuWare system."

And here which is pretty thorough but doesn't say anything about stopping services as we have done before.

Thanks

Publié Wed, 12 Dec 2018 13:48:38 GMT par Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

@Phil

Hi

Looking at the way the versions are posted, I have to say I am a little bit nervous on the way you and us can work with the same fully qualified version.

Explanation: On November 29th I downloaded the DW7_2018-11-07.zip file. I got a 8475 setup version and a 8375 build version

Today I used the same link to download the file, I got a DW7_2018-12-07.zip (the month is different) and the setup version is 8514, but after installation the build displayed is still 8375 

In fact I never got the 8450 build you described.

So where is the "official" and qualified version ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards

Gilles

PS : the build version number I get is from the Administration tool, etiher the welcome screen or A propos

Publié Wed, 12 Dec 2018 15:19:47 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Gilles,
Not all dll's are rebuilt. The only place to get the actual current build number is in the Web Client > Tool Cog > About.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Wed, 12 Dec 2018 16:23:36 GMT par Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Phil

I understand that not all the DLL are rebuild.

But honestly how could you accept that a version number is the not same if looking at the web administation tool and at  the windows administration tool ,

So know I get a new Build version : 8518

My advise is DocuWare needs to cleanup the way the versions are published and how to get for sure the installed version.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Gilles

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/2018-12-12_18h16_26.png

You must be signed in to post in this forum.