Publié Thu, 19 Apr 2018 17:23:12 GMT par David Moore Co-Contract Administrator

We recently aquired a docuware customer. They informed that there were documents that would not be displayed in in the viewer. Basically getting a header not found message. Phil and the Solutions Factory tried everything to recover the broken records with out success. But they did help come up with a solution to re-unite the disconnected images to the database in a manual process. Unfortunatly one cabinet has over 3500 broken records (most Handwritten) and it would be impractical to manually recover all of them. I have segregated the good records and the bad ones into separate file cabinets. Te best approach would be to recover the records only if they are requested. Here is what I need....

I have a log of all documents that failed to export. every document has a DOC ID that matches a file name string in the storage location files. When I attempt to display a document the error message does not display the Doc ID number (I think the doc id number was displayed in the error using the old thick client). If I had the doc ID number I could easily find the images related to it in the store location doing a windows file search. All of the images are there they just dont have a connection to the database.

Is there a query we could run that would produce a result list of one index field of the document along with its DOC ID? This reference would make things alot easier to lacate items on the fly. Or If I could extract the doc ID and fill an index field so it appears in a result list??

Please feel free to contact me. It might be easier to discuss this in person.

DW 6.12 on MySQL

Publié Thu, 19 Apr 2018 18:11:00 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

David,
Add a numeric field to the file cabinet - call it DocId.
Run this MySQL Query (replace words in italics with your info)
UPDATE dwdata.tablename SET DOCID = DWDOCID

Now the DocId field will be available in your result list.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Thu, 19 Apr 2018 18:19:47 GMT par Josef Zayats

David, if your images folder structure is intact, and you just missing all your xml files, you could try the following procedure:

1. Take a copy of any good header (xml) file from your good document.

2. Create a DOS batch file that would copy this file to each of the folders that have your pdfs while renaming it with the folder name - If you don't have experience with this, let me know how to contact you. Run the barch file - it should copy your sample xml 3500 times this should allow you to open images in Docuware.

3 (Optional) Run a Docuware Restore Services workflow - Database overwrites document

Publié Thu, 19 Apr 2018 18:30:56 GMT par David Moore Co-Contract Administrator

913-322-5077

You must be signed in to post in this forum.